Saturday 10 July 2010

The Gamer's Year

When I started this blog back in October of last year, the evenings were drawing in and the weather was worsening. In fact, that December we had the coldest winter for years. Ideal conditions to ignore the state of the garden and get the dice out. So I did and the Training Dungeon and the first sessions of the sandbox were the result. I thought to myself that surely, once the summer set in, there would be ample opportunity to get more gaming in, but I was wrong.

In fact, what with holidays at various times from June through to September meaning that at least one of the players is always away, the fine weather meaning that there is no excuse not to get on with the garden and the tendency of families to decide the weekend is too good to waste, so let's do X, Y & Z (but not D&D) it's a wonder any gaming gets done once the summer is here.

Yet clearly some of us do get game. Which leads me to the question of the day - which is the best season for gaming? I'll set up a poll for it and I'd be interested to see what it tells us.

(as an aside, apologies for not posting more just recently. I have been Busy on a Big Project - more anon - watch this space)

3 comments:

  1. I said the Fall because that has traditionally been the time most of my groups or a campaign got started. Slightly more than the late summer ones. Late Spring, they're usually done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poll needs a 'none of the above' option. I cannot find the time for any gaming because my wife keeps calling me into work on Saturdays. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Biopunk. Summer as you say is too good to 'waste' on gaming, Winter can be hazardous to travel and Spring is perhaps when the weekends get outdoorsy and interesting again. Autumn: comfort food, books, beer, biscuits, warmth, company.

    ReplyDelete