Friday 18 June 2010

Art on Friday

Today, I'd like to draw your attention, if it hasn't been drawn already, to the art of David Palumbo.

Not this one. Not that I'm saying he's not a good artist. I wouldn't want to offend anyone with muscles as wide as me.




No, his namesake. Someone not quite so...knotty. These pictures give a good idea of Palumbo's style and a demonstration of his superb talent. I'll let the art speak for itself, but do pop over to his site and take a look at the other stuff that is there.










I like this one and I reckon it could double as a picture of Drusetta from Dungeonmum's excellent Portworld fiction.




This one has the look of the 1920s about it, which leads me in to this piece from the great Maxfield Parrish, which has a hint of Palumbo about it.


And of course to show that there is nothing new under the sun, the Parrish piece was referenced by Enya for her album The Memory of Trees.



Pop in tomorrow when I'll have some more hooks for you.

3 comments: