Benbo, 3rd level Fighter/4th level Thief - he who dares.
Galzor, 4th level cleric - mysteriously disappeared along with the Third and his coffin.
Zanurax, 3rd level thief (recovering from being partly eaten by a lion and has now gone to join Merlin)
Olaf, 4th level dwarven fighter, now returning to his clan halls
Merlin, 3rd level thief (called away on the business of the Thieves' Guild)
Adthar, 4th level fighter - currently both an Ettin and a statue
Elador, nth level magic-user - called away on special assignments but will act as mentor and adviser to the team
The Fallen
Galadeus, 2nd level ranger - drowned and then eaten by a shark.....aaaaaand he's BACK! aaaaaaaaand he's dead again.
What I'm DMing for 6 new junior players
Old School Links to Wisdom
Give your d12...
...some Old School love
Running now
Call of Cthulhu - visit our wiki
That's what Old School means to me
"These rules are flexible and open to interpretation - designed not to cover all conceivable situations, but to allow good Referees and Players the freedom to create and play games of their own design."
from the Lulu download page for The White Box S&W from BHP
"This game is unlike chess in that the rules are not cut and dried. In many places, they are guidelines and suggested methods only. This is part of the attraction of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons"
Trapped In a Gray Town
-
I haven't posted about it in a while, but our campaign in *Nimble*
continues.
Since that last post, the party tracked the faerie kidnappers to the pla...
BRUTICUS THE FOURTH
-
I went to the Transformers shop in London yesterday. In mostly unrelated
news, it was my birthday on the 10th, and I got the new version of
Onslaught, and ...
The Cycle: Movements VII-IX
-
Movement VII — The Fracture of the Archetype Thesis
The first structural fracture in OD&D occurs when the game begins to
incorporate classes whose identit...
2025 Kickstarters
-
My Annual update on the Kickstarters I have signed up for. Note that for
some, which I have marked (pdf), I have received the final pdf although the
fin...
Classic D&D TSR Modules
-
Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth 1976
What is a "classic" module? Taking the definition from the Six Cultures of
Play article we can say that modules made during...
Process Book
-
The Brief For this assignment my brief was to design a Process Book, and
have it printed. This book shows my process, from initial ideas, through
research,...
When did the OSR begin? 2008.
-
I was looking through a box of some of my old gaming stuff and I ran across
a bunch of old OSR zines and DIY supplements from 15+ years ago. I thought,
w...
Here Be Dungeons 20: Camp Righteous
-
Click to make big My final draft design of Camp Righteous and the House of
the Crocodile, developed for Wizards of the Coast's "Tomb of Annihilation".
Dikes Fall, Session 5
-
*Tower of Babel* by Brueghel The party approached the central spire and see
an enormous wooden gate. Mangus pushed the gate open "respectfully but
firmly...
Consolidating
-
Readers of this blog will know that I'm into heavily homebrewing my
campaign. If I were running games right now, I'd be running a weird cross
between S&W a...
Anyone need an OD&D cover?
-
For those who know the dark places to look for such things, there are a
couple of versions of the OD&D booklets combined into a single letter-sized
volume....
Classic Traveller redux
-
We haven't had a game in a few weeks and this weekend someone couldn't make
it (2 players out of a possible 4 is too few). We tried rolling up Classic
Tra...
Dikes Fall, Session 5
-
*Tower of Babel* by Brueghel The party approached the central spire and see
an enormous wooden gate. Mangus pushed the gate open "respectfully but
firmly...
Hinterverse, a Glossary
-
Antikytheron, the
Core prognostication device of the Great Machine, origin unknown.
Arcturean Arm
A minor spiral arm of the Hinterverse.
Argos
The birth...
Over halfway to 90, I started playing AD&D when the Police were a cool band and Punk was wild. I am a father to a ten-year-old Junior Grognard and have now managed to establish a five-strong gaming group made up of him and four of his friends, ages ranging from 10 to 11. Solidly Old-School.
High fives and natural 20s to you all!
Heh. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, this is great!
ReplyDeleteHilarious!
ReplyDeleteHahahahahaha. I laughed. Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteA damn fine response.
ReplyDeleteYou have done well!